Sunday, October 29, 2006

What we did today

Today, we did not attend a service. Instead, it being a beautiful autumn day, a day so clear and blue it seemed to go on forever, we went to BestBuy, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and finally Target. L and I were out to update our compuer setup with speakers, and we ended up with Bose Companion 2 Series II, and they work so well—and so easy to install! No more leaning down and pressing our ears to the giant Mac's front screen to try to hear a faintly garbled utterance. Now I can hear some French over the Internet and get some practice in understanding. (We may be returning there . . . don't want to jinx it by saying too much.)

Also discovered that iTunes has included 64 public radio links, so I can listen to KCRW without too much trouble. I'm feeling very au courante.

Next, we shall look at digital cameras. But I have to take this foray into technology pretty slowly so I can absorb it all.

Bed Bath and Beyond had a great display of fondue sets! And I had come in expressly for the gel fuel for my set, which has lain dormant for so many years. Fine Cooking has a good sounding receipe on the back cover for cheese fondue, so this week it's on the menu.

Target was as ever, but had some really nice black sweaters, in the designer section. However, L was after a Halloween costume. Pretty picked-over; I suggested she pull the Elmo costume, size 3 - 6 one, over her head and wear red pants, but that suggestion was spurned. I thought it was funny . . .

Now we are looking forward to ribs via Everyday Food for dinner. And I am really glad I'll be getting up with the time change tomorrow.

No comments: