I've been tagged by Sandi at the Whistlestop to come out from under my shell and tell six weird things about myself. Well, I don't know whether they'll be weird:
1. In elementary school, I began and ended each year attending a one-room schoolhouse in New England. The middle of the year I spent in a giant many-classroomed school in suburbia. It was quite a transition every year. One of my teachers (which one?) blamed the fact that I had trouble with number lines on this back and forth.
2. Large animals make me nervous; I'd rather have a cat around any day. They won't step on you accidentally.
3. I'd rather read a cookbook than a novel (at least at the moment). Especially a cookbook that is episodic and evocative of a certain place or time.
4. Novelty yarns drive me crazy.
5. We moved to our present location after visiting it on vacation. We went home, put our house on the market (thinking it would take a year), and sold it within a week. Kaboom. Here we are.
6. I've yet to finish a Kaffe Fassett needlepoint pillowtop of Swiss chard—and I began it about 17 years ago. This might tell you something about my pile of UFOs. And why my closets need sorting out.
And now I'll tag Angela, Carolyn, and Mimmu and leave it up to any other three who happen by here post six things and let me know!