Friday, April 01, 2011

April!

I didn't hold up my end in NaBloPoMo last month. Had too much going on last weekend through Tuesday: seeing cousins in Cincinnati at front and back of visiting OH, staying at the the Mouse House in Cleveland, L and mono (that was why she was so tired and her throat hurt). L tried to participate, and everyone enjoyed dinner at the Greenhouse Tavern. We had our own version of the Cleveland International Film Festival at Casa Mouse. And D really enjoyed getting to know F, too.

The more familiar I become with Cincinnati and Cleveland, the more I like them. Wish we had met L's boyfriend, but it didn't work out. Now that she is feeling better, she is going to meet his family, though!

 Today's baking, in an effort to use the Cruze Dairy buttermilk (sooo good):

8 comments:

Kurt said...

I had the dreaded mono too in college, though at first they thought I had leukemia. It was miserable.

Betty Carlson said...

Congrats for doing even some of NaBlo...I think I might get back in it for May. Anyway, I hope spring is going well for you.

Baino said...

It aint pretty but it looks awesome. Dollop of double cream and then explode

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back.

S.

deedee said...

I want that cake!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

cleveland would be even better if you lived here!!!!!! hint, hint!!!!

yeah, yeah, i know too cold.... and yeah, we still have no leaves or flowers on trees and it's still crocus season (opposed to daffodil and tulip season)

the carrier of men was in the top ten of the shorts = yippie

karen said...

Sounds like you have been very busy! that cake looks really delicious..

lettuce said...

hello! i'm here unexpectedly. And want some cake!!