Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blah

I'm feeling very blog-blocked, short of ideas, and waning of interest level. Perhaps proofreading an accounting text has something to do with it. Maybe it's February.

I did order a very lovely book that arrived today: Twelve: A Tuscan Cook Book, by Tessa Kiros. I had read a really wonderful, in-depth interview with this author on another blog, one that seems to have just stopped in mid-tracks about a year ago. I wonder whether that blogger was feeling a similar sense of ennui, or if something happened. (Do YOU know?)

Twelve is filled with absolutely beautiful photographs of food and a few of the Tuscan landscape and people. So, looking at it I'm feeling a bit less creaky and crabby than I did earlier. In fact, I'm thinking of making something from it right this minute, something involving chickpeas. Hmm.

I'm also not looking forward to getting my eyes tested this afternoon with L. I called to find out how long it's been since we had a real test, not just the one in the doctor's office covering one eye alternately and looking at the chart at the end of the hallway. I don't even want to admit how long it's been, but I'm guessing we'll both end up with new specs.

10 comments:

Linda said...

Reading cookbooks is one of my favorite activities. I had to stop buying them though as my bookshelves are groaning and there is really no more room.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your Tuscan cooking :-)

Anonymous said...

The knit-in sounds like fun! Boy the eyes go quick and then they stabilize. That is what I was told.

Yes, Blog Ennui is a real thing. So is the winter slow down. This is a good time of year to curl up in the cold weather and read a good book. I'm reading Snow right now.

Anonymous said...

Please do not stop blogging. Take a break if need be..but don't stop.

angela said...

I was feeling a bit like that so I slowed down and then I was off again..thinking back I had more energy when the weather warmed up and the first of the spring flowers appeared.
Please don't stop..
Angela

deedee said...

Blogger blahs are normal, I think. Cooking up something delicious just might reignite your inspirations.Breaks are good for the soul.

Suse said...

I want to order Tessa Kiros' book Apples for Jam purely because of the cover alone.

Re your question on my blog, I made the labels by stickytaping the manila labels onto a sheet of A4 paper and running it through my printer! So simple!

Anonymous said...

Tess Kiros cookery books are so beautiful, I haven't seen this one though so I must keep an eye out for it.

Anonymous said...

A familiar feeling about "blog blocking" as you said, especially when my photo is blurry and dark and grey . . .:)
A break is good then, after that blogging starts again - perhaps!
I had last winter a blog, which I stopped drastically by thinking - never more.
After four months I had Daily Photo
blog. so, "never say never" :)

Good Sunday to you, take photos to me!
Show, is there snow or green or crocus or ice, I don`t know!

Anonymous said...

so glad i'm finally able to read your inner thoughts!! love the crane pics. and as you know from my blog, i completely feel your eye exam pain (and blurry-ness).