I'm posting a closeup of a portion of the front of my doll quilt, which is 18" x 24" (approximately). This is the first time I've ever done this (quilt, that is). I have rarely used my sewing machine (Bernina 830, got on eBay), which I've discovered I LOVE! I did have a quiting friend helping me this week. Her work is amazing, and I'll try to get some of her things to post here.
I'm lucky I had a walking foot, which is necessary to keep the bottom and top of the quilt moving along at the same rate. The things I've learned this week! I'm glad I cleared the decks work-wise, as I really needed the time. The photo makes it look a bit greenily murky; it does contain fabrics with lots of greens, but there are red-purples, too.
Here's a bit of the back. When it's done, I'll post a picture. I thought I'd cower in shame over this, but frankly I think it will look pretty darn good! Hope my swappee thinks so!