has tagged me for a meme in which I post 8 random facts about myself. I feel quite at a loss with these kinds of lists, but here are some, which I'm sure aren't very surprising:
1. I love turtles; I mean I feel a connection (if such is possible) and I always go out of my way to remove one from the road by getting it across. I've moved a huge snapper with the aid of a box and a shovel, and many smaller ones. I'd love to help out with sea turtle hatchings.
2. Given the choice between a big, gooey slice of chocolate cake or a glass of crisp white wine and a bowl of tiny Nicoise olives, I'd choose the latter every time.
3. I don't like to pump my own gas; I get D to do it.
4. I had a brief, but intense, affair with eBay, resulting in a Louet spinning wheel and an old Bernina 830 that I just love.
5. I've always wanted to go to Finland; now, with this blog, I can (though she is away for the summer!)
6. Fashion confuses me now; I'm stuck on waistbands. Where have they got to?
7. I love to read children's books; in fact, I just got The Penderwicks yesterday at Barnes and Noble.
8. I am absolutely petrified of the dentist. When I was a child the dentist, without any further ado, came at me with the Novocaine syringe. I leaped out of the chair and he shouted at me!! (Talk about trauma . . .) Now when I have an appointment, I am in a foul mood until it's over, at which point I'm practically in tears.