Saturday, May 14, 2011

peas

I harvested more snow peas this morning. I think I'll blanch and freeze as they come along. They are $4+ a pound, so my incentive is clear: I should have quite a hoard for the winter.

The cat remains on antibiotics for his wound, which is healing very well. I hate to let them out, but there is no way at this point to contain them.

Miss Mouse and I discovered a SP**MER! Quite an exciting exchange this morning on FB messaging.

Finally, and most important, it was strawberry milkshakes and Southwestern burgers (with bacon) for lunch from Petunia's Airstream trailer. We shared the burger and tried to eat a quesadilla too, but it proved too much. That shake is worth every penny. There are no words, really, to describe this food. It's heaven.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

You can't get a burger for $4.50 in this neck of the woods.

tut-tut said...

Kurt, you can't believe how big and good this burger is. I've never had anything like it. And their milkshakes . . . they use fresh local strawberries

Megan said...

Hey, there's the answer to my question about Soul. Glad he's healing.

Strawberry milkshake sounds SO good. We had Chronic Taco for lunch - taquitos yum!

Betty Carlson said...

Oh no, I forgot to post yesterday too! I am not doing very well on this NaBloPoMo. And thank heavens you are commenting -- I'm not getting any comments other than from you. Sigh...

I'll get back on board now.