Monday, May 28, 2007

Pizza

Yesterday, we decided to use our pizza skills and made these two. The top one has just cheese and pepperoni, but the bottom one is loaded: kale, cheese, summer squash, broccoli, green onions, and sausage. I roasted the summer squash with a little olive oil, salt, and rosemary; blanched the broccoli for 3 and 1/2 minutes; and cooked the kale for 10 minutes, let it cool, squeezed it, and dressed it with a little oil, vinegar, and salt. D made the crust, which has a high proportion of whole wheat. Usually, pizza making is a bit of an effort, but for some reason both of these seemed to take no time. Maybe it was the early prep of the vegetables; when it came time to actually put everything in the oven, all the hard part was done.



I've also heard you can do this on the grill, but I've never tried that. It does help to have a pizza stone and some pizza pans, with vents in the bottom to let the air circulate and the crust crisp, however.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful! I make pizza quite often, but have never thought to try it with vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, do you have some leftover for me, please.....

I am going to make pizza tonight for my daughter and her boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

the second one ,hands down has my vote.

lettuce said...

yum, they look great.

deedee said...

I'll have a slice of the second one please :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have a piece of the first pizza. For some reason, I hate broccoli, so although the second one looks good, I'd prefer the first one.

Anonymous said...

Hey your blog is making me hungry!!