Thursday, March 03, 2011

Theme Thursday: Book

what is it about words that frighten so many people that books are actually banned? As if anyone could clap a lid on the imagination. I cannot imagine not allowing someone to read something. Piles of books abound around here, and some of them seem to have been, at one time or another, on someone's banned book list. Imagine banishing a book from a shelf . . . I really cannot get my mind around that.

The scourge of anti-intellectualism and anti-education seems to prevail throughout our country right now. Not a good time to be a publicly educated young person, for the most part.

4 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

Thoughts like those you mention make me glad I'm out of the USA.

I love the new NABLOPOMO Badge and am a bit jealous that I'm not participating...but the timing just isn't right.

Glad to see you back on your blog though. Sometimes a little NABLOPOMO is all it takes!

Megan said...

I am amazed at how many of the books I read as a child/teen are on some crazy group or other's hit list.

Insanity.

tut-tut said...

Snow Falling on Cedars? Really? craziness

mouse (aka kimy) said...

i say read banned books.

well i won't be moving to modesto california (rf snow falling....

i miss playing tt (forget and never connected with the new timeline, somehow tt on any day but thursday seems too strange for this odd mouse) .... kudos to you!