Thursday, March 17, 2011

today

I got more memory and an updated operating system for the computer today! D took the massive unit, which is a G8 (or is that a summit?) way out to the other side of town (thank you, D). I now have 4Gs of memory and Leopard OS, which is the most this processor can handle, since Apple made it obsolete by switching to Intel on subsequent iterations. So, instead of paying about $1200 for a brand-new Mac, I spent about $210 (plus tax) for this upgrade.

Granted, I can't stream Netflix movies on it (because they work only with the Intel processor), but doing actual work and tasks, switching between applications, and so on is a dream. I can't believe I would sometimes wait literally 5 minutes for Word to whir and the computer's guts to groan before I saw a change made.

***
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all who celebrate; since this was my father's favorite holiday, I am not a fan of it.

2 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

yeah to the upgrade.

boo to bad associations ruining a perfectly delightful holiday.

an irish blessing to you dear friend, to banish those sad and heart-wrenching associations:

may joy and peace surround you,
contentment latch your door,
and happiness be with you now,
and bless you evermore.

namaste!

Anonymous said...

. . . and although the reminders may be strong, they are not *now*.

You are your own woman, tut-tut - and you have a killer computer. Woooo!