Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Words: this month's daily mediation

It's what I do — fiddle around with the words of others, when what I should be doing is fiddling around with my own. I shy away from it, though. It's easier to fix the work of someone else than try to catch my own thoughts and corral them into meaningful sentences and paragraphs. But I will sit down here and try mightily to come up with something, because I do love words.

I love crosswords, Scrabble. but these are isolating games, aren't they? You don't string the word beads into necklaces of sentences. Well, today is the first day of March, which came in like a lion around here, and the first day of NaBoPoMo (National Blog Posting Month, which seems to be every month of the year).

Watch this space. It might start making sense.

5 comments:

Kurt said...

I should really write something.

Betty said...

It's scary, putting your own words out in a public space - there's a kind of nakedness about it.
Photos are so much easier :)

mouse (aka kimy) said...

you can count on it - i'm watching

words,glorious words!!

with respect to scrabble, do we have a game going? if so, i probably owe you a word - blogging wasn't the only thing i fell behind on!

have fun with NaBloPoMo!!! thought this month's 'theme' sounded fun!

Megan said...

I'm glad you're going for this! Will be watching!

(P.S. - Theme Thursday is way past the jumping stage.)

xo

Betty Carlson said...

Welcome back to blogging and NaBloPoMo! I love this month's theme... but just couldn't commit to it. I will follow you, however.

How I commiserate with your thoughts...I am a much better editor than writer, yet feel like I should turn that into writing myself. Sigh...