Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pumpkin Pie



I spent the ENTIRE morning helping the youth group and their leader, A, to make pumpkin pies to raise monies for activities at church. The youth group was mostly helpful, until they decided to bring chairs into the kitchen and have an impromptu party.


The church kitchen has a great old Garland gas stove, with two ovens. We were able to fit eight pies at a time in there (there was only one rack per oven; otherwise, we could have doubled our output).

Poor A did not count output/demand, and we ended up with some extras.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plenty of pumpkin pie demand at my house -- e-mail me a couple :)

Mutha Mae said...

I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, yet I thought that last pic looked tempting!

Anonymous said...

yummers. They look really wonderful. I won't be cooking any this year so I'll just enjoy your photos!

Anonymous said...

LOL!
Looks like a busy day and very,,,,orange!
Missed you but will catch up...

Anonymous said...

You have been busy and active, I can see!

I wish you a good beginning week, Beth!
I go tomorrow again to see Melissa and other grandchildren after her.
Back to Joensuu next Friday.

I just finished to Melissa woolen
playsuit with cat pattern :)

deedee said...

I could use a couple of pies, too :) I am having an american friend and her family over to celebrate thanksgiving on saturday. My oven is tiny, I can only cook one thing at a time, I am going to have to start cooking...today.

Anonymous said...

I have never had pumpkin pie before but am quite willing to try your leftovers!

quintarantino said...

Is pumpkin pie good?

Anonymous said...

yum. I LOVE pumpkin pie...

Anonymous said...

I would buy one in a heart beat!

Betty Carlson said...

These look delicious! I'm making a sort of pumpking "clafoutis" for a pseudp-Thanksgiving celebration with other expat friends this evening. I hope it will turn out as nice looking!

Anonymous said...

Those pumpin pies look yummy!