Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanks for nothing . . .

Yesterday, the full realization of what it means to have Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant hit D, and hit him hard. All the busyness, all the preparation, all the cleanup, all the talking to (my) relatives, all the finding room in the refrigerator: All of it gone! Banished!

He was so overwhelmed with the notion of nothingness, that he fell into bed for an afternoon nap . . .

Tomorrow, no school until next Tuesday. No getting up early, chasing around for retainers and the like. But somehow, between tomorrow and next Monday, the mall is beckoning L. So there's that.

8 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That is the way to enjoy thanksgiving!
Thankful for no extra work.

Anonymous said...

retainers! Please don't reveal what a nerd I am over the internet.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Having just made my second dinner in a row for 10 people (family visiting) and looking forward to making three or four more ... a "restaurant thanksgiving" could actually be a lot of fun! Anyway ... I really hope your thanksgiving is surprisingly peaceful and enjoyable. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog ... I'll visit yours often.

deedee said...

LOL! That's probably how my better half would react :)

quintarantino said...

No school until Tuesday? Lucky you...

Anonymous said...

Hope you make the most of your time off and your cooking-free Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I commented to my husband today that I really wish someone else would do Thanksgiving and Christmas and invite me. We have zero family closer than 8 hours away and precious little there or beyond, so if there is gonna be any holiday festivities you know who has to do it. Yup, a restaurant meal sounds darned good. Enjoy yourselves!