Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday

The dance last night was low key, I guess. Altar guild this morning was busy.

I've been dreaming of France.



Well, not the map of France, but this image will have to do for today . . .

With the dollar so weak, I don't think there is any way we will be able to go in 2008. L is going to the Auvergne on a course for the month of June, so at least one of us will be able to immerse herself in the language and culture. She'll stay with a family; seven other classmates are going, as well as two teachers. I hope they will be a well-protected bunch. They tend to cosset them at the school she goes to, which is just as well. Or maybe it isn't. I don't know. I'm feeling conflicted today.

10 comments:

Linda said...

Since I live on some American dollars here in France, I am not a happy camper. What a mess. I hope it will soon reverse itself. Remember when the dollar and the euro were equal? Those were the days.

Anonymous said...

I do hope you will be able to go as well.
France is such a beautiful country.

deedee said...

Oh she'll have fun. I met and played with an american exchange student teacher today. By play, I mean music of course. She's here on a 9 month embassy exchange program and she brought her bassoon to France with her.

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday morning Beth!
your daughter will enjoy about France and manage well, believe me!
My youngest went to Paris for one year at seventeen. I was terrified, but it all went nicely, even my worrying :) and she spoke fluently French after that.
Now my 12 years old granddaughter is going next April to Berlin with her German teacher and about ten pupils for an excursion there.
Let them go - but how hard it can be.

Anonymous said...

This is a bummer....but I am really happy L gets to go...what an adventure!

lettuce said...

wow, a whole month! lucky L.
LG has an Ardeche visit next June. we are saving our pennies...

i understand the conflictedness though, its so hard letting go

Anonymous said...

This will be a tremendous experience for L.
Where exactly is she going?
Too bad you can't come too!

Anonymous said...

What memories she will make and collect and share over a lifetime!

I hope she can come visit us too!!

Betty Carlson said...

Fortunately I use euros here and dollars in the USA for the moment, so all is well. What a bummer for Americans who want to come to France, though.

Anonymous said...

Having just got back from the Auvergne I am sure that your daughter will absolutely love it. Shame that you won't be able to go too though..