Thursday, April 19, 2007

A new decade

Today starts the beginning of a whole new decade!

As you can see from the button on the side, I'm participating in a quilt swop. I've never made one before, so I hope that my swappee won't be too disappointed. A friend of mine, who is truly a master, has been helping me. But it won't get in the mail until the last possible moment on April 30.

Our yarn coop met today; I think we'll be in there to start to set up sometime in the next two weeks; I'll post some photos then.

Sadly, I witnessed, almost in slo-mo, a mini-van, driven by an elderly woman, back into the side of a two-seater BMW sportscar, belonging to my expert quilter friend. I was too far away to do anything, but that was the first time I've ever seen anything like that. The woman was naturally upset with herself! Oh dear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and many happy returns. I am hopeless at manual work, whatever it is, but I love photographing people quilting. One of my friends is into quilting and I go to her meetings and take pics ;)

Anonymous said...

All happiness to your new decade :)
And enjoyable quilting too!
I had to find out from a dictionary, what does to quilt mean. I have never
done it, but works, which I have seen
were very beautiful.
Have a good weekend!

deedee said...

Happy new decade! Sorry about the side of your friend's car...ouch, hope no one was hurt.

Pecos Blue said...

You must show your quilt square. I have been quilting almost two years now. It is a great hobby. Welcome.

Shammickite said...

I have made a few quilts... the most recent one I started in 2002, when I retired, but I still haven't finished it, I always seem to find soemthing else to do. Dammit, I really want to get it finished too!