Friday, January 22, 2010

cello



I have never had the occasion to consider buying an expensive stringed instrument, but L has some cash stashed, so tomorrow we are taking a trip here to see what we shall see.

I worry that with college looming, priorities may change. I still believe rental is the way to go for many reasons, but I expect to receive a persistent sales pitch rendered in soothing, dulcet tones.

Then it's on to Macy's to see if it carries a suitable dress for May Day (shudder; had I known this was such an important event at school, I may have thought twice about that decision).

Looking forward to getting out into the wider world, however. Can I possibly sneak in a visit here? I got two resounding nooooooos, but you never know.

5 comments:

Roy said...

Wow! L must have some serious cash stashed away, coz cellos aren't cheap! Still, it's a gorgeous sound.

JGH said...

Happy cello shopping! I really think you deserve a ball of yarn, too.

Megan said...

Good luck!

Betty Carlson said...

There's nothing like having one's own instrument, although a cello is an unwieldy one. We own three violins and two violas. I say go for it...

Kurt said...

How nice to own one's own cello. I think you should get to go to the yarn store.