Thursday, January 07, 2010

looking glass

When L was just a tiny baby, people would often tell me how much alike we looked. A baby?! ME? Please.

Since I've been on FB, some college friends have "found" me, and subsequently her page (or whatever it's called) with all her many photos. I was startled to read a comment from two of them that she looks exactly like I did in college (better teeth, I had to add; not a cavity in her head and all that lovely, expensive orthodontics). I really can't see this physical connection. Funny thing, genes. But I don't think I would put the two of us together, really.

a decidedly tired me, carrying L in the hiking backpack, on Mt. Greylock. L now wears that green coat I have on.


9 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

Serendipity again -- the big subject at lunch today at work was resemblances between parents and kids!

No inspiration chez moi this evening, but I did carry on...

WV: gurgatio -- some sort of tempo in classical music that I missed out on?

Anonymous said...

People see -- and don't see -- odd resemblances that may or may not be apparent to the rest of us. I am reminded of one of my mother's colleagues, a grade school teacher, who remarked once to us that right then she could see the resemblance between us that she had never seen before.

Very odd, since I was adopted and had exactly zero blood relationship to my [step]mother. She and I both had a good laugh at that one.

Janelle said...

eh you beautiful inspirational you. happy new year! great pic by the by. love polaroids like these. they count. more than anything. they teach. x x j

mouse (aka kimy) said...

in the flesh I can see a strong resemblance btw the two of you!! it is odd though someone commented today on the mouse that emma looks like me in the photo I posted of her- hardly and if only!! that would be if only I looked like her!!

love this pic...you do look tired but lucy is smiling and looks like she could go for another 50 miles

mouse (aka kimy) said...

two posts in one day, does that mean you can take tomorrow off...pacing girl, pacing....

(or scheduling the post to go live on a day of one's choice! how I love that option)

Kurt said...

People said I looked like my Grandpa.

Megan said...

Kim and her daughter have the exact same smile. Can't miss it. I will have to compare you and L...

CocoDivaDog said...

hello tut tut,
This is CocoDog. I have a new blog. My human Mom (aka Aunty) closed her blog. She sent you a tweet a couple days ago.
x

Wanderer said...

what a sweet photo.