Monday, May 10, 2010

dogged

I guess I must remain so; my experience runs only to cats who are litter box trained in the twinkling of an eye. Not so Remus, who turns out to be a she rather than a he (further exposing what I don't know concerning dogs). Last night she produced a gusher on my bed, before leaping off to finish on the rug. The cats were not amused.

Though Remus has an excellent disposition, she also seems not to like being crated. She protests with a piercing howl! At present, she is dish-rag floppy on my lap.

5 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

Word verification is "nessy" -- only one letter away from "messy!"

Hey, our new rabbit was immediately house-trained! I guess I didn't know that about dogs either...

Betty said...

O yuck! Poor you. Hope you have lots of spare bedding, furniture, clothing, washing powder, space on the clothesline ....

Baino said...

She's adorable. Persevere with the crate or pop her in the laundry at night with newspaper on the floor,add a smelly sock and a ticking clock. They all tend to yap a bit for the first 24 hours or so but she'll get used to it. Have fun toilet training, persistence wins!

e said...

Sorry to hear about Remus's messing on the bed and rug; perhaps your vet would have some suggestions? My only trial at bringing up doggie was so horrible that I won't repeat it here, and I know that when cats have accidents they either have a medical problem or they're angry.

Best of luck with this. There may be some breed-specific information about Jack Russels that would be helpful...

deedee said...

Try putting one of your t-shirts in the crate with her.