Tuesday, May 11, 2010

yip, yip, yip yiiiiiiiip!

Yes, miss Remus was crated, along with an old towel, a new towel, a cat toy that she had been tearing the bejesus out of, and a new rubber ball with a jingle bell inside.

The only thing left out was "something blue."

Which I became halfway through a very long night. L has her iPod and a fan whirring away as white noise. We had spine-tingling yelps, which would subside . . . then end! The arms of Morpheus awaited me not, because these periods were short lived. The cycle continued. I'm surprised we didn't get a knock on the door to find out why we were torturing an animal.

The DVD on dog training did NOT explain how to get the dog to accept the crate; it showed several happy dog owners reading, or doing other domestic chores, while their various dogs obediently and silently lay in their mesh crates.

We will see what happens next.

8 comments:

Stacie said...

LOL...Remus is about the cutest puppy I have ever seen...big time changes in the tut tut household...LOVE it!

Kurt said...

I don't know what crating is, and I want a photo.

Shammickite said...

Perseverence will triumph in the end.
My grand-puppy Tessa loves her crate now, in fact she puts herslf to bed in it at night.
Cute puppy! My sympathies are with you.

Megan said...

Reason number 9,526 why I don't have a dog. Love them though!

Baino said...

They will get better, honest. I've never 'crated' a dog but had Lily in the laundry when she was little. Of course once she was house trained, she had the run of the house. Make sure she has something 'smelly'. Preferably smelling of you or the person who is training/feeding her.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

all the dogs i know who are crated feel very secure in their crates....dixie is a prime example all we have to say is 'bucket' (which is what we call the crate) and she walks over to go into it, settles in and is generally hapy as a clam!

Betty Carlson said...

I have to agree with Megan. There are some great dogs, though. I hope Remus turns out to be one of them :)

Tom said...

mine was crated from an early age, and was nearly 4 months when we took him home--so he was used to it; it may be too late for yours, but if she can't be tructed to be left on her own, it may be the safest way to go for her and you...hope everything works out without too much drama.