Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday plus: Debra Winger

Last week's NY Times Magazine featured a thoughtful and thought-provoking interview with actress Debra Winger. I hadn't thought about her, had forgotten she played a pivotal role in Rachel Getting Married, and I hadn't known she had written a book, Undiscovered, a few years ago. I scouted around and found her interviewed by Ben Cheever on a small book-related tv show, which seems to have lots of other interesting interviews, should you desire to watch them. I wish I could embed it, but you'll find it here, at Pleasantville [NY] Community Television.

4 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

Bravo on doing NaBloPoMo. I may be up for it in January -- New Year's Resolutions and all. Definitely not in December -- too much on the calendar already.

BTW, just for info, I did actually post to La France Profonde today...

Kurt said...

I especially liked Bill Irwin as the dad in Rachel Getting Married.

tattytiara said...

There's an actress I only hear about very occasionally, but whenever I do it seems to be something very interesting! I didn't know she'd written a book either.

Sally said...

Hi, tut tut,

Calling in to say hello - love the flying typewriter top right

and the green stuff growing bottom right.

It's been a while.