Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday



I'm trying to think and be positive; yes, that's right. You heard me. Getting out and getting busy with the rake helps. I guess sitting in front of the computer screen, being zapped by soul-sapping rays isn't cutting it.

I'm reading (well, the book is sitting around, glaring at me) James Joyce's Ulysses, but I'm only up to page 10. I tore through Portrait of the Artist as a teenager. I need to turn that receptor back on. As it is, I can barely sit still to read catalog copy. It's hard to sit and read for pleasure when I read all day for pay.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

I set up an "analog therapy" desk with a dial phone, typewriter, dictionary, notepad, etc. I go there when I've had too much computer, and it feels good to type a letter or call someone on the phone.

Shammickite said...

I love the horse in the previous post. I wish it was standing in my back yard.
I've never attempted james Joyce, I think you're very brave.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

i'm finding it is a very lovely book to stare at...

my copy is glaring at me also....

if i only stopped picking up other books!!

so many books, so little time....

Crone and Bear It said...

You're further along than I!! I keep reading mysteries instead. It's a rainy, dreary day and I'm off to fix a cup of tea and tackle Ulysses again - if I can just get far enough into it to get really interested...sigh... oh look! A mystery book on my table that I haven't read yet... lol